About Alliance Counseling Services
At Alliance Counseling Services, every effort will be made to allow you to feel secure and relaxed, in a judgment-free space of confidentiality. The focus is completely on you and your needs.
We believe everyone possesses the capacity to live a happy, healthy and satisfying life. In an atmosphere of unconditional. acceptance and respect, we help clients discover their own inner guidance and thereby reach their goals. Whether you want to eliminate negative circumstances from your life, become more effective at home or in your workplace, recover from a traumatic event or addiction, or uncover circumstances that may be preventing you from realizing your highest potential, we can help.
Likewise, businesses are made up of individuals who bring their unique talents to the workplace. Our aim is to remove any obstacles that may impair the quality of an employee’s contribution and thereby improve efficiency and productivity.
Loretta M. Vasso, M.S., CADC, ICGC-I
Alliance Counseling Services is a counseling, coaching and healing practice, founded and operated by Loretta M. Vasso, M.S., CADC, ICGC-I. Loretta is a traditionally trained, professional counselor with an extensive background in alternative healing methods.
Located in Fort Washington, Pennsylvania, Alliance Counseling Services is a private practice and a licensed Outpatient Treatment Facility by the Pennsylvania Department of Drug & Alcohol Programs, license #467135. In addition to our Fort Washington office, we see clients in Mount Laurel, NJ for DOT return-to-duty evaluations. We also do on-site training for groups and organizations.
Our services are strictly confidential. In addition to accepting some insurance, we offer flexible arrangements for self payment. Please call to schedule your free initial telephone consultation.
Loretta Vasso integrates 40+ years of experience in small and mid-sized companies with a graduate degree in Counseling to provide a range of counseling and training services to individuals, businesses, managers and employees. In addition to certification as an addictions counselor, Loretta has been an Employee Assistance Program (EAP) professional since 1987. In 1994, she extended her training expertise to the community college setting. There she became an Adjunct Faculty member, where she taught classes in Counseling, Addictions and the Biology of Abuse. Loretta has also has consulted and trained supervisors and employees from companies and organizations in several states throughout the U.S. and has developed training programs on many topics.
Loretta has provided counseling for the treatment of Compulsive and Problem Gambling since 2007 and became internationally certified in 2017. She is a provider through a state program offered by the PA Department of Drug and Alcohol Programs, which provides funding for counseling for the gambler and their family members who have financial difficulties.
In 2005, Loretta qualified as a Department of Transportation, Substance Abuse Professional (DOT/SAP), providing return-to-duty evaluations for employees in safety-sensitive positions, as defined by the Federal DOT.
Qualifications and Education
- Master of Science 1996, Counseling Education, Rehabilitation Counseling Program, Central Connecticut State University, New Britain, CT.
- Licensed 1999-2003 by State of Connecticut, Department of Public Health, License #000321.
- Certification #1990 by State of Connecticut, Department of Mental Health and Addiction Services, Connecticut Certification Board, Inc. (CCB) in 1989; transferred to Pennsylvania effective November 12, 2003, Certification #5320.
- Internationally Certified Alcohol & Drug Counselor (ICADC) since 1996, Certificate #15210 Certified by International Certification & Reciprocity Consortium (ICRC).
- Qualified Department of Transportation (DOT) Substance Abuse Professional (SAP) since November 2005, DOT requirements of 49 CFR Part 40.281(c)(2).
- Certificate of Competency in the treatment of Problem Gambling – Certified February 2007, Certification #5320 by Pennsylvania Certification Board (PCB). International Certified Gambling Counselor (ICGC-I) April, 2017, Certification #1274.
- Certified Coach Practitioner (CCP) by Certified Coaches Federation, March 2009.
Call 215.692.2753 for a no-obligation telephone consultation on how Alliance Counseling Services can be of assistance to you and/or your organization.