Loretta Vasso integrates 40+ years of experience in small and mid-sized companies with a graduate degree in Counseling to provide a range of counseling and training services to individuals, businesses, managers and employees. In addition to certification as an addictions counselor, Loretta has been an Employee Assistance Program (EAP) professional since 1987. In 1994, she extended her training expertise to the community college setting, to become an Adjunct Faculty member, where she taught classes in Counseling, Addictions and the Biology of Abuse.
Loretta has also has consulted and trained supervisors and employees from companies and organizations in several states throughout the U.S. and has developed training programs on such topics as:
- Sexual Harassment Prevention for supervisors, managers and employees
- Conflict Resolution
- Customer Service
- Living Single in a Married World
Loretta has a private counseling practice and sees clients in in Fort Washington, Pennsylvania and, for DOT return-to-duty evaluations, in Merchantville, NJ.
Loretta is a provider for the treatment of Compulsive and Problem Gambling through a state program offered by the PA Department of Drug and Alcohol Programs. Through this program, funding is available to assist with counseling for the gambler and their family members, who have financial difficulties.
- Master of Science 1996, Counseling Education, Rehabilitation Counseling Program, Central Connecticut State University, New Britain, CT.
- Licensed 1999-2003 by State of Connecticut, Department of Public Health, License #000321.
- Certification #1990 by State of Connecticut, Department of Mental Health and Addiction Services, Connecticut Certification Board, Inc. (CCB) in 1989; transferred to Pennsylvania effective November 12, 2003, Certification #5320.
- Internationally Certified Alcohol & Drug Counselor (ICADC) since 1996, Certificate #15210 Certified by International Certification & Reciprocity Consortium (ICRC).
- Qualified Department of Transportation (DOT) Substance Abuse Professional (SAP) since November 2005, DOT requirements of 49 CFR Part 40.281(c)(2).
- Certificate of Competency in the treatment of Problem Gambling – Certified February 2007, Certification #5320 by Pennsylvania Certification Board (PCB). International Certified Gambling Counselor (ICGC-I_ April, 2017, Certification #1274.
- Certified Coach Practitioner (CCP) since March 2009, by Certified Coaches Federation.